Monday, June 18, 2007

Big Box o' Games

Our order from Superhero Gameland arrived today. I love the name of that store - Superhero Gameland, it sounds like geek Six Flags. Al and Z were all "Oooh and Ahhh," over Under the Shadow of the Dragon. It looks very cool. The artwork on the new tiles is beautiful. Z went crazy over the new Hobbit character and the unicorn. My job is to read the rules and teach them, how to play.

I've started putting index cards with notes into our games, since I'm the one who has to remember all the set-up rules, and all the little niggly rules. I'll have to make one for Return of the Heroes, since the expansion adds a few easily forgotten rules.

In other dragon related news, my mom went to the library to pick up a book she had reserved. When she got there, she discovered that it was the wrong book. She came home with a book that contains the first three books of the Dragonriders of Pern series. She is most of the way through the first book. She likes it, but finds it a bit confusing. I guess it would be confusing if you thought you were reading an historical romance.

She was saying, "I just don't understand what all this dread stuff is, and now they are going back in time, and there are dragons and golden eggs."

"It's not dread, mom. It's thread, " I told her.

I find this amusing. My mom is turning into a fantasy geek in her retirement. I told her that when she finishes the books she has to come over and play Dragonriders of Pern with me. She just rolled her eyes. She's one of those people that can never remember game rules, although she plays Rummy constantly.

No comments: